Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bring on the Rain!

Ever since last week, my game has been off. I feel like after making some tough choices last Sunday, I have been on sort of n a downward spiral. Kind of like one of those weeks where everything that could go wrong, does... Things just are not going well. Then, the one thing that I felt like was improving, CrossFit, just got crapped on (for lack of better words) as well since I feel like I'm taking like 20 steps back in some areas. It's not the end of the world, and although things don't seem to be improving for me (especially today!), I love that I have my faith to keep me grounded. In times like these in my life, when I feel like life is totally out of control, that's because it IS! Times like these are a good check for me because it helps me remember that I am not in control of my life. That's why, every  morning, I pray for God's will. It helps, when days like today happen to know that there is a bigger picture. There's a bigger picture than what is going on in my life today, especially when I know so many people with so much more going on in their lives than in mine! At CrossFit, there is a bigger picture than the last week and a half; I need to look at the last 5 months. My life is not condensed to this small amount of time that I have on Earth. My new goal, more important goal, is to have an eternal focus in my life. The things of this world are given to me from God; the good and the bad. I have to trust that when life seems most out of control, that it's because He's the most in control. As I was receiving one bad news after another today, this song popped into my head and and it's so empowering... It's by Jo Dee Messina and is called "Bring on The Rain" (click to hear the song):

Another day has almost come and gone
Can't imagine what else could go wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war ('cause)

[Chorus:]
Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It's almost like the hard times circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
And I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead, no ('cause)

[Chorus]

I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight ('cause)

Tomorrow's another day
And I am not afraid
So bring on the rain 

[Chorus]

Bring on the rain; bring on the rain

Bring on the rain 

Bring on, bring on, the rain 



*So... Ya know what life? Bring on the rain because if anyone can hack it, this girl can because of how big her God is! Good luck trying to bring me down because it's not happening without a fight! Can't wait to take out this frustration at CrossFit tomorrow! I can't wait to channel this and focus on other people other than myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment